CNC Machinist and Production Manager
Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A.
Harmonic has been in business for approximately twenty years and currently manufactures parts for a variety of sectors that include, oil and gas, power sports, firearms, etc. We are opening our first-ever location in Texas and are looking for an extremely talented group of individuals to run operations. This is where you might come in!
Harmonic has grown to become one of the largest CNC machine shops in Chilliwack BC, with approximately 60 machines on the floor. Our headquarters are in Chilliwack, BC, Canada. If you’re excited about being part of a fast-growing manufacturing company, we highly encourage you to apply.
The Production Manager must be someone with great initiative and a Get-It-Done Attitude. They must be responsible, reliable, and well organized. As one of the first employees hired at this new facility, this person must be a strong leader and agent of change. We are looking for someone who can set up machines and run production, while also aiding in inevitable expansion. The role will grow to require a modern style of leadership with an emphasis on training, coaching, and mentoring to foster an environment where people can excel.
At Harmonic, we are proud of the company culture we have created and maintained. Each employee lives out the core values and is invested in the future of the company. What makes working at Harmonic so special? The unfiltered truth is that it’s the authenticity of the family who owns it and the passion of the employees they’ve selected to be a part of it. We’re hoping to carry this manufacturing talent and company culture into the great state of Texas as well.
Who You Are:
- Proactive, tenacious, and responsible
- Problem solver and critical thinker
- Effective communicator with ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as directly with key contacts
- A leader and team-builder who inspires others
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, including the ability to ensure accountability, provide team leadership, guidance, and motivation.
- Strong business ethics and integrity.
- Ability to plan for employee training and skill development.
- Ability to single-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritize
- Deadline-oriented outside-the-box thinking and proficiency in methodical analysis
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
What You’ll Do:
- Efficiently set up a variety of CNC machines.
- Work from drawings, sketches, and specifications to complete various machining operations.
- Write and modify CNC programs
- Spec out and assist in the purchasing of new machines, tooling, and production equipment
- Coach and train apprentices and machine operators
- Manage, implement, and oversee all operations of a manufacturing facility.
- Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices. Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Develop and implement work instructions, process flowcharts, quality control plans, and other systems that track and optimize productivity. Develop metrics and performance targets that ensure effective return on assets.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and drive project scoping, planning, execution, and closeout.
- Gather input from stakeholder departments and agencies to ensure project requirements are captured and detailed in the project documents.
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of experience as a CNC machinist.
- Knowledge of manufacturing best practices such as Lean, 5S, Kaizen, etc.
- Experience managing a successful team of talented machinists and machine operators, while retaining an efficient workflow through the shop.
- Experience in using an ERP or MRP system
Harmonic has a positive and encouraging culture that helps employees thrive. We will help you grow both professionally and personally. If you are looking for an employer who cares about your results and growth as much as the company’s, and you believe you could bring your best to Harmonic, we look forward to your application.