Chilliwack, British Columbia, CANADA
We’re excited to be searching for an Operations Manager to join our Assembly Department. The person in this role will be responsible for planning and executing Assembly operations while leading a talented and technical team. The Operations Manager will work closely with our schedulers, purchasers, and shippers/receivers to make sure all processes run smoothly and efficiently.
Who You Are:
- Proactive, tenacious, and responsible
- Ambitious and intelligent
- Effective communicator with ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as directly with key contacts
- A stellar team player, able to self motivate and keep your workload planned and orderly
- A leader and team-builder who inspires others
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Ability to facilitate a culture of continuous learning and growth
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, including the ability to ensure accountability, provide team leadership, guidance, and motivation
- Ability to plan for employee training and skill development
- Understanding of business practices, preferably from experience in an upper-management role
- Ability to single-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritize
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Strong emotional intelligence
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee and direct Assembly operations to achieve the highest level of productivity
- Manage a large team in a collaborative form to help achieve continued success
- Take responsibility for department’s operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the organization’s vision
- Oversee, provide direction to, and assist the procurement team to ensure parts are always available for assembly
- Implement and monitor lean manufacturing principles across the department and work cells
- Assure inventory accuracy by working with the shipping and receiving department
- Work with scheduling to assure that we achieve our committed ship dates
- Use resourcefulness to ensure that all types of production hurdles are overcome quickly and efficiently
- Maintain professional relationships with all outside partners
- Effectively communicate with other departments and managers to ensure the efficiency of the company as a whole
- Help set up systems that track efficiency of the overall department along with individual cells
- Work with Quality Assurance to drive first time quality and Six Sigma.
What You’ll Need:
- Proven experience in the manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of manufacturing best practices such as Lean, 5S, Kaizen, etc.
- 5+ years of management leadership experience
- Experience in using an ERP or MRP system
- Strong understanding of supply chain and inventory management
- CPIM Certification an asset
Harmonic has been in business for approximately twenty years and currently manufactures parts for a variety of sectors that include, oil and gas, power sports, defense, etc. We have grown to become one of the largest CNC machine shops in Chilliwack, BC, with approximately 60 machines on the floor, and are continuously looking to grow.
At Harmonic, we are proud of the company culture we have created and maintained. Each employee lives out the core values and is invested in the future of the company. What makes working at Harmonic so special? The unfiltered truth is that it’s the authenticity of the family who owns it and the passion of the employees they’ve selected to be a part of it.
Harmonic’s purpose is to love people and the impact of this is twofold. First, we want to love our employees and make sure they have all the resources they need to succeed. We foster an exceptional work environment so that employees are excited to come to work and carry that energy home with them at the end of the day. Next, we try our hardest to have a positive effect on the community around us.
Harmonic has an encouraging culture that helps employees thrive. We will help you grow both professionally and personally. If you are looking for an employer who cares about your results and growth as much as the company’s, and you believe you could bring your best to Harmonic, we look forward to your application!