Chilliwack, British Columbia, CANADA
The Automation Technician will be responsible for supporting our Operations team by developing automated machining processes. We’re looking for someone reliable who will become an agent of change and growth at Harmonic.
Who You Are:
- Autonomous and collaborative
- A continuous learner
- Problem solver and critical thinker
What You’ll Do:
- Implement and manage new automated processes according to varying needs and requests.
- Create robot programs and optimize existing programs.
- Set up personnel and equipment to reduce costs and remove non-value added material from production.
- Coordinate with the designated machinists to ensure parts availability, parameters setup, repairs, preventative maintenance, and all other tasks required to achieve optimal production flow.
- Participate in meetings with supervisors, co-workers, and employees to plan upcoming activities and to update projects.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement by monitoring performance for optimum results.
- Advise and train operators in the use of new equipment.
What You’ll Need:
- Proven ability in an autonomous environment.
- Graduate of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology (Robot and Automation Program) and/or Provincial Electricians Ticket (442A or 309A) or applicable substitute. Not required but considered an asset.
- Strong troubleshooting and programming skills, knowledge of Industrial Lines Programs, Electrical Controls, Pneumatics, Mechanical, Process Automation, Robots, and related equipment concepts.
- Understanding of electrical/electronic schematic diagrams, blueprints, and pneumatic/hydraulic systems.
- Strong knowledge of PLCs.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and lead problem-solving teams.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Journeyman Machinist.
- CNC applications specialist with a background in Robotics.
What we Offer:
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Fun and encouraging work environment.
- Benefits and Profit Sharing.
- Competitive wages, commensurate with experience.
Harmonic has been in business for 20+ years and currently manufactures parts for a variety of sectors including oil and gas, power sports, defence, and more. We have grown to become one of the largest CNC machine shops in Chilliwack, BC, with approximately 60 machines on the floor. Harmonic is always seeking continuous growth.
At Harmonic, we are thankful for the company culture our employees have created and continue to improve upon. Each employee is invested in the future of Harmonic and exemplifies our core values. What makes working at Harmonic so special? The transparency, authenticity, and integrity of the family owners who started this company and the passion of the employees they’ve selected to be a part of it.
Harmonic strives to love our people and the impact of this is twofold. First, we want to love our employees and make sure they have all the resources they need to succeed. We foster an exceptional work environment where employees are excited to come to work and carry that energy home with them at the end of the day. Second, we try our hardest to have a a similar, positive effect on the community around us.
Harmonic’s encouraging work culture helps employees thrive and grow on a professional and personal level. If you are looking for an employer who cares about your success as much as the companys’ and believe you can bring your best to Harmonic, we look forward to your application!