CNC Machinist Apprentice
Chilliwack, British Columbia, CANADA
At Harmonic, we are always looking to grow our machining talent. If you’re a Machinist Apprentice looking to expand your talent and drive your career, we highly encourage you to apply. You will have the opportunity to train under a team of talented machinists who are excited to pass on their knowledge.
As a member of the manufacturing team, the CNC Machinist Apprentice is responsible for the setup of Mill/Turn, CNC Lathes, 3 to 5 axis CNC Mills, and screw machines. The Machinist ensures the accuracy and consistency of the parts they are manufacturing, confirms the machined parts are compatible with the mating parts, and contributes to the accuracy of drawings. The Machinist is responsible for the cleanliness of their individual workstation while working collaboratively to maintain a positive and safe working environment.
Who You Are:
- Positive, respectful, self-motivated, responsible, well organised, and reliable.
- A team player with excellent people skills and a “Get-It-Done” attitude.
What You’ll Do:
- Efficiently set up Mill/Turn, CNC Lathes, and 3 to 5 axis CNC Mills.
- Produce precise and consistent parts.
- Update setup sheets and improve detail and accuracy as needed.
- Actively maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Report any damaged tools or machine incidents immediately.
- Complete all required paperwork with adequate detail.
- Maintain a positive work ethic, supporting other members of the manufacturing team.
What You’ll Need:
- 1-4 years machining experience.
- Must be available to work a rotating schedule (we are flexible).
Considered an Asset:
- Experience in Gibbs CAM software.
- Experience with Brother, Okuma, Nakamura, and Haas.
Harmonic has been in business for 20+ years and currently manufactures parts for a variety of sectors including oil and gas, power sports, defence, and more. We have grown to become one of the largest CNC machine shops in Chilliwack, BC, with approximately 60 machines on the floor. Harmonic is always seeking continuous growth.
At Harmonic, we are thankful for the company culture our employees have created and continue to improve upon. Each employee is invested in the future of Harmonic and exemplifies our core values. What makes working at Harmonic so special? The transparency, authenticity, and integrity of the family owners who started this company and the passion of the employees they’ve selected to be a part of it.
Harmonic strives to love our people and the impact of this is twofold. First, we want to love our employees and make sure they have all the resources they need to succeed. We foster an exceptional work environment where employees are excited to come to work and carry that energy home with them at the end of the day. Second, we try our hardest to have a a similar, positive effect on the community around us.
Harmonic’s encouraging work culture helps employees thrive and grow on a professional and personal level. If you are looking for an employer who cares about your success as much as the companys’ and believe you can bring your best to Harmonic, we look forward to your application!