Chilliwack, British Columbia, CANADA
We are always looking for talented Machinists to join our team. As a member of the manufacturing team, the CNC Machinist is responsible for the set up of Mill/Turn, CNC Lathes, 3 to 5 axis CNC Mills, and screw machines. The Machinist ensures the accuracy and consistency of the parts they are manufacturing, confirms machined parts are compatible with mating parts, and contributes to the accuracy of drawings. The Machinist is responsible for the cleanliness of their individual workstation while also working together as a team to maintain a positive and collaborative working environment.
Who You Are:
- A team player with excellent people skills and a Get-It-Done attitude.
- Positive, respectful, self-motivated, responsible, and reliable.
What You’ll Do:
- Efficiently set up a variety of CNC machines
- Produce precise and consistent parts.
- Update setup sheets, improve detail and accuracy as needed.
- Actively participate in the maintenance of a clean working environment.
- Report any damaged tools or machine incidents immediately.
- Complete all required paperwork with adequate detail.
- Maintain a positive work ethic, supporting other members of the manufacturing team.
- Write and modify CNC programs
- Spec out and assist in the purchasing of new machines, tooling, and production equipment
- Coach and train apprentices and machine operators
What You’ll Need:
- Red Seal trade certificate, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years machining experience
- Must be available to work a rotating schedule (we are flexible)
Considered an Asset:
- Experience in Gibbs CAM software
- Experience with Brother, Okuma, Nakamura, and Haas
- Experience with 4 and 5 axis mills and Mill/turn machines
Harmonic has been in business for approximately twenty years and currently manufactures parts for a variety of sectors that include, oil and gas, power sports, defense, etc. We have grown to become one of the largest CNC machine shops in Chilliwack, BC, with approximately 60 machines on the floor, and are continuously looking to grow.
At Harmonic, we are proud of the company culture we have created and maintained. Each employee lives out the core values and is invested in the future of the company. What makes working at Harmonic so special? The unfiltered truth is that it’s the authenticity of the family who owns it and the passion of the employees they’ve selected to be a part of it.
Harmonic’s purpose is to love people and the impact of this is twofold. First, we want to love our employees and make sure they have all the resources they need to succeed. We foster an exceptional work environment so that employees are excited to come to work and carry that energy home with them at the end of the day. Next, we try our hardest to have a positive effect on the community around us.
Harmonic has an encouraging culture that helps employees thrive. We will help you grow both professionally and personally. If you are looking for an employer who cares about your results and growth as much as the company’s, and you believe you could bring your best to Harmonic, we look forward to your application!